Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Two "GREAT" questions...


This morning I discovered a new (to me) blog with a short yet brilliant post that I really enjoyed. The blog is called "Make It Great!," and it is written by Phil Gerbyshak, who is the author of the book "10 Ways to Make It Great!"

The post that I read this morning is actually from Phil's Tuesday blog, and I want to repost it here as I think the questions it poses are actually fantastic thoughts for sales people to ponder as they pertain to their daily routines...

Two Quotes:

"The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." - Chinese proverb
"I recommend to you to take care of the minutes; for hours will take care of themselves." - Philip Dormer Stanhope

Two Questions:

What are the small stones you can remove to get you closer to your goals?
Are you taking care of your minutes?

I'm going to ponder these two quotes/questions as they pertain to sales, and post my thoughts in my next blog. Pertaining to the first quote, my very wise wife has always referred to this method as her 'swiss cheese approach,' in that you start with a big piece of cheese, and cut holes in it until it's gone. I"m going to be sharing the slightly more profound mountain/stone analogy with her over dinner tonight, so I can reflect upon her thoughts on the topic as well.

Until next time, here's another picture of my favorite photo subject as of late... Tucker! My wife is the one holding him in the picture, but I deemed it unwise to post her picture on her without first obtaining her permission.

No comments: