Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Preparation for a new baby...




I am excited to announce soon to become a proud new Dad! Our first son, to be named Tucker Jeffrey Koser, is due to be born tomorrow, August 20th. Whether or not he will show up exactly when he is "supposed to" will remain to be seen, but inevitably his arrival has been on my mind pretty much constantly in recent days. Given that I also focus on my work as a sales consultant on a daily basis, today I started to ponder similarities between the two topics.

Successful preparation for fatherhood has a variety of parallels to a successful sales cycle (I like to call it a "buying cycle," but more on that another day). A few of them are:

1. Pursuit of something very meaningful and important in the end (success)
2. Identifying and addressing critical needs ahead of time
3. Maintaining focus on those aspects that are truly important
4. The ability to nurture development and progress
5. Enjoyment of benefits by both parties as part of a healthy relationship

One final thought: Birth will be occurring at the end of my preparation for fatherhood just like a deal is closed at the end of a sales cycle, but in both cases reality is that it is only just the beginning.

This comparison really brings a smile to my face, and I hope it does the same for you!

No comments: